A non-diet approach to health and wellness, Intuitive Eating by Elyse Resch and Evelyn Tribole encourages an individual to be in tune with their body and the signals it sends. It allows them to challenge the cycle of chronic food rules and heal their relationship with food. The foundation of Intuitive Eating is to be able to honor the body’s signals of hunger and fullness. Someone who is an intuitive eater can eat when they’re hungry, and stop when satisfied, with the unconditional permission to eat what is desired.
Intuitive Eating is based on 10 Principles:
- Reject diet mentality.
- Honor your hunger.
- Make peace with food.
- Challenge the “food police.”
- Feel your fullness.
- Discover the satisfaction factor.
- Cope with emotions without using food.
- Respect the body.
- Exercise: Feel the difference.
- Honor your health—gentle nutrition.