August 7, 2020
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, DBH has instituted more than 20 policies and procedures designed to keep our facilities impeccably clean and staff for staff and patients. These are just a few:
- Consistency in the provision of testing and testing protocols
- Door Screening
- Face Mask Donning & Doffing
- Preventative Cleaning and Disinfecting policies including daily and weekly checklists.
- Prevention Management and Response Plans to complement current infection control measures, further aiding in the prevention, management and response to COVID-19.
- Testing, Positive Contact Tracing and Response Flow Charts) to define when and how to administer COVID-19 tests for employees or patients.
- Grocery shopping & Mail delivery Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment, including proper use, storage and maintenance
- Social Distancing Procedures
June 5, 2020 Update
Because the safety and health of our patients and staff is top priority, we have enacted a COVID Clean Commitment for all facilities. This means that we are committed to the following standards of enhanced environmental cleanliness at every facility:
- Frequent sanitizing of light switches, door handles and knobs
- Cleaning individual-use items after each use
- Cleaning group rooms after use and sanitizing the milieu at least once per day
- Screening each new admission multiple times prior to arrival at the facility
- Screening all staff, patients and visitors at the door prior to entering our buildings
- Requiring all staff to wear face coverings while in the facility; face coverings are strongly recommended for all patients and visitors
May 28, 2020 Update
Center for Discovery continues to make patient and staff safety our highest priority during the COVID-19 pandemic. As we begin to reopen a number of facilities for in-person treatment, we are taking measures to ensure health is at the forefront of our operations. Here are steps we’re taking in our facilities:
- Providing masks for all patients; requiring masks for all staff & vendors
- Screening for symptoms and taking the temperatures of all individuals before entering the facility and throughout the day (if indicated)
- Extensive cleaning and sanitizing protocols based on recommendations from an external environmental consulting company
- Practicing social distancing as required and exercising standard precautions (PPE), increased hand hygiene stations and informational signage
Resuming an in-person community atmosphere is beneficial to behavioral health treatment. We are eager to provide this support while continuing to follow CDC guidelines.
May 7, 2020 Update
Discovery Behavioral Health, Inc. continues to make patient safety and health our highest priority during the COVID-19 Pandemic. We have worked with industrial and cleaning experts to implement proactive cleaning protocols with the aim of reducing the risk of infection, illness and cross-contamination. Our staff is trained and supervised regularly to help ensure these cleaning protocols are fully implemented.
April 28, 2020 COVID-19 Update
We continue to make sure that the safety and health of our patients and staff is top priority. Please note the latest guidelines as it relates to face coverings and cleaning protocols at our facilities:
- We recommend that our staff wears face coverings/face masks if deemed appropriate based on the circumstances.
- We encourage clients to wear face coverings/face masks if deemed appropriate based on the circumstances.
- We have consulted with outside cleaning professionals to develop and implement preventive cleaning protocols for our facilities.
March 23, 2020 COVID-19 Update
To ensure the safety of our patients and our staff, we are transitioning our in-person outpatient programming to telehealth programming for intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization levels of care. Telehealth Behavioral Healthcare Services from Center for Discovery will soon be available in all the states where we offer outpatient care and follows the same programming as our in-person outpatient programs.
Currently Offering Telehealth Behavioral Treatment Programming