You may suspect that you child has an eating disorder, or you may be absolutely certain of it. Knowing where to turn when you know your child is in desperate need of help can be confusing. Is counseling enough? Does your child need to be hospitalized or would an outpatient program be more acceptable? Eating disorder help varies depending on a lot of factors, so the best thing you can do is to have an eating disorder specialist evaluate your child and help you decide just exactly what type of help they need.

In many cases a therapist or day program will be enough, if counseling has not worked before or your child is significantly underweight you may find that you need a residential program which will offer more intense eating disorder help. Visit us at Center for Discovery for more information about where to turn for help.